What's your favorite disguise? [/meta]

posted by letter shredder @ 11:59 a.m. on 1/20/2006

"Great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex and sex disguised as love..."
                                          -- Lester Bangs, Almost Famous



Monday, April 10, 2006

A Pilgrimage

posted by letter shredder at 11:08 AM

I am having a hard time posting that's why I wasn't able to update for the past few days. Pleading, my computer finally gave me a chance to do so.


Last weekend, I wasn't able to watch Ice Age 2 with my little brother because we travelled north to Pangasinan and visited Our Lady of Manaoag. We woke up early since the trip takes about six hours (from Cavite) just to get there. Sitting next to me is my brother.



Gavin!



Most of the time during the trip, we were sleeping. But I woke up at the serene view of the morning fog at NLEX.



good morning!


NLEX



Finally, we reached our destination. Our Lady of Manaoag is believed to be miraculous. I am not familiar in what specific aspects but A LOT of people come to visit the Virgin.



candles are offered outside of the church


and I mean A LOT of people



We attended the mass and I barely saw the priest. I didn't even see the altar. Believing I'd get to see and take a picture (to post) of the Virgin, I joined my family and endured an hour and a half in line. When we were about ten people away from my goal (by then, it seems to be one), we realized that we will only get a chance to touch the feet of the image through a small window and that we are exactly behind the altar. Hungry and tired from the trip, we thought that this must be sacrifice.


Outside, however, a tree with a large trunk stands where the image was carved. Please bear with the low resolution of my phone and the lighting, but this wood carving is very detailed you might not believe that this masterpiece was done right on the tree.



Our Lady of Manaoag



Just in time for lent, we also had our early visita iglesia. We went to several churches. These are the two I liked most:



Our Lady of Grace
Our Lady of Grace Parish in Mabalacat, Pampanga


Image hosting by Photobucket
Our Lady of Sorrow Parish in Capas, Tarlac



My friends and I believe that for evey new church we visit, we'd wish and it shall be granted. I had several wishes that day but I'm not ready to tell what they are. Well, at least not now.


Being away from home for three weeks, I just wanted to spend the whole day with my family, especially with my brother. We weren't able to watch a movie but it was also fun even if it was sort of unplanned.



pichur, pichur...


Kiss



And of course, camwhoring... without even combing first. Hehe.



comb, please!
Comb, please.

1 revealed their disguise



1 Masks: Blogger RennyBA whispered...

What a nice trip and thanks for sharing - I really enjoy reading and watching the pics!

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home