What's your favorite disguise? [/meta]

posted by letter shredder @ 11:59 a.m. on 1/20/2006

"Great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex and sex disguised as love..."
                                          -- Lester Bangs, Almost Famous



Friday, April 21, 2006

Abstinence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

posted by letter shredder at 9:31 AM

First, I recommend that you spare 30 seconds of your time to watchAngry Alien's version of Brokeback Mountain.


Then on with our conversation...


=====


One of the guys I like in high school once sat beside me and talked to me about realizing the importance of things and people when they are already gone. Cliche it is, but the context of when and how he initiated the conversation was what I really remember (for another post).


I have always dreamt BIG and it is now that I realize what MINDSET and BEING I must possess to achieve them. However, as I dream BIG, there were some things, although not really gone, that I've forgotten about.


Evaluating my performance, I wasn't doing very good. And I was so upset about it. I seem to know what to do and there are people assisting me but I've been so afraid to do what I am told. I've realized I've become so attached to results and have been afraid of losing control of situations that I prefer to remain standing still or to regress.


The time that I badly needed a good laugh, I was so thankful there were a few people whom I can turn to. With them, I remembered a lot of good things -- the simple significant things.


I may seem a tough nut to crack. But other than raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, these are the things you can bribe me with:

  • ketchup

  • ice cream

  • rain dancing

  • race cars

  • Pugad Baboy

  • a kiss

  • breaking male egos (Be afraid. Be very afraid.)

  • some senseless talk

  • dinner

  • MOVIES! MOVIES! MOVIES!

  • coffee with friends

  • basketball

  • Tagaytay

  • walking barefooted on the beach

  • snorkeling

  • blog hopping

  • alternative music

  • crepe

  • the crisp sound of dry leaves once you step on them

  • DVD's

  • remote controlled cars

  • chocolate cakes

  • pop-tarts (too bad these aren't sold in the Philippines)

  • checking out cars

  • playing with children

  • japanese corn

  • arcade

  • frisbee

  • outwitting men

  • sleeping

  • late night conversations over coffee

  • listening to people (means they trust you)

  • cooking

  • road trips

  • concerts

  • Alpine White Chocolate

  • band practice

  • pizza

  • isaw

  • pasta

  • Capitalism II

  • reruns of Friends

  • playing cards

  • sleepovers

  • laughing while being chased

  • siomai

  • board shorts

  • Alanis Morissette

  • Billabong

  • dangling earrings

  • Converse Chuck Taylors

  • Fender

  • tech magazines

  • videoke

  • PS

  • cook book

  • magazines of home architectures

  • mountain climbing

  • reading

  • painting (especially when I know another person is going to clean the mess)



I hope you were able to identify some of your favorites with my list.


Of course, I love reading and responding to the comments and e-mails I receive in reaction to my posts. It is also great to read other people's blogs and learn about the different realities each person belongs to.


Dreaming BIG is a good thing. But no matter how simple things may be, they will always be significant.

2 revealed their disguise



2 Masks: Blogger RennyBA whispered...

How about bribe you with the significant four seasons in Norway - Let's start with a promissing Spring Season:-)

11:36 PM   Blogger ice whispered...

tag!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home