What's your favorite disguise? [/meta]

posted by letter shredder @ 11:59 a.m. on 1/20/2006

"Great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex and sex disguised as love..."
                                          -- Lester Bangs, Almost Famous



Sunday, February 27, 2005

posted by letter shredder at 4:12 PM

Busy and Dizzy


I have lists of what to do, what should be done, what I want to do, what to do next, what should be done next and what I want to do next! It seems that 24 hours is not enough to accomplish everything and all I can tell myself is that I am being productive. The fact that I'm graduating somehow consoles just to compensate the effort, but depressing at the same time.


I wasn't able to update my blog for a week, until now. Tuesday, I went to Bamboo's concert. Guarding the exit, which is way better than staying at the backstage entrance, was realy exhausting even if you just have to stand there and show people where they should enter.


But that Tuesday effort paid off. I'm now included in UP Underground Music Community Batch 7. Together with me are: Soleil, Jenny, Gillian, Jebs (guitarist of Giniling Festival), Laurie (bassist of Death by Tampon, Jebs' GF), Jovi (drummer of Matilda) and Mei (manager of Slowdive).


I think I'm in a good batch. A very good one indeed. Mike called us the brave Batch 7. Jenny is our Batch Head, the first female batch head in UG.


Wednesday, I had to stay home the whole day because of my allergy.


Thursday, I went to school early to accomplish things that I missed doing the previous day. Almi, Piya and I went to Ateneo to inquire on online courses Ateneo offers. When I asked for Sir Troy, the lady there told me that it's actually Ma'am Troy.


Too bad Kule people had to cancel the mudslinging event of the Student Council candidates. In the afternoon, CMC Student Council held their own sponsored debate. I don't think that was a real debate, though.


I attended the post-event evaluation of UG. It feels new to be in a separate group. I'm no longer with the other people I used to be with, coz being batched seems to be a little higher in the UG hierarchy. But I don't actually feel that way. I just think I'm in a petri dish, being observed under a microscope. Somehow, being in the new batch feels compensating. It's just too good to realize that other people appreciate the efforts I exerted for the organization. However, I was not elated the way I expected to be. I felt more accomplished when I was given the Rock Award during the Underground Dos concert.


Friday, I was with the Records Committee working on the Underground Chronicle. In the afternoon, my Anthro group also went to the house to work on another project.


Saturday, I felt like going home to Cavite but I realized I cannot. I have to finish a lot of work. I missed my family. I plan to go home on Tuesday and probably take care of my little brother--Gavin!


Yani and Isa went to the house, I told them I have no one to talk to so they dropped by. All my housemates went home because it was a long weekend. *sniff* Later, Yani invited us to eat dinner on Timog Avenue. We fetched Kate and Edz, and ate at Dampa (Jecho's Grill). Afterwards, we moved to Libreria to eat cake. The coffee shop had to close so we moved to Starbucks Coffee and waited for Kelly so Yani could meet him.


Well, funny thing is, I was unusually quiet that I was contented to listening to them. I just felt too tired to speak and converse with them. I just realized I have different types of friends in UP. Yani and Edz are not the people I usually hang-out with like Isa and Kate,but I don't feel awkward being with them and we can just talk about anything.


I still have a lot to do and just thinking of them make me sick. I'm really exhausted and missing the Jars of Clay concert on March 2 makes me more miserable!

0 revealed their disguise