What's your favorite disguise? [/meta]

posted by letter shredder @ 11:59 a.m. on 1/20/2006

"Great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex and sex disguised as love..."
                                          -- Lester Bangs, Almost Famous



Monday, February 07, 2005

posted by letter shredder at 6:44 PM

I'm joining another committee!


This afternoon, after my class in Anthro 187, Mike has included me in the records committee of the UP Underground.


The new committee is preparing for a newsletter and a folio at the moment. Jamoi, the Committee Head, has assigned me to be the Head Layout Artist. I'll give credit to my journ background.


Well, I went to PDI and dropped a letter requesting for an interview with the News Editor--Jun Engracia. He has not arrived by the time that I was there. I can't wait coz I still have to go to UP and attend that Sex and Culture class.


Topic for the the meeting: The Sexual Sequence


Well, I thought only narratives have tolerable and functional sequences! *minding* Virgin!


Prof's lecture (in order):
  • eye to body
  • eye to eye
  • voice to voice
  • hand to hand
  • arm to shoulder
  • arm to waist
  • mouth to mouth
  • hand to head
  • hand to body
  • mouth to breast
  • hand to genitals
  • genitals to genitals


    Now, where's the "head to head part?"


    I somehow find the lecture interesting specially when my professor was emphasizing the importance of the sequence.


    Until...


    He asked the guys in the room about the "eye to body" part. Objectification of women! Evil!


    There were only three guys in the room aside from the professor (yes, he's a he!)


    One of the guys said he looks at the face of a woman to check if she's friendly or otherwise. Then, it turned out that the prof was not waiting for that kind of answer.


    He said he is attracted to "well-developed breasts, narrow waist, wide hips, well-shaped legs and smooth, fair complexion."


    The hell I care about what my prof wants but I find it unjust to only ask the men. One of the three guys was Justin, Vidal's thesis partner. I HATE HIM! When he actually read the sequence before my prof started the lecture, he was saying, "Been there, done that."


    I instantly raised my left eyebrow and I wanted to yell at him, "As if anyone cares!" I don't think anyone from the class likes him or is attracted to him! I told Inah I hate him and she said most of us does.


    I think he's also starting to irritate the guys! The other two guys aside from Justin are "cute." But I did not hate them just because I somehow liked them. I just think Justin hasn't realy have that sexual encounter that's why he speaksof it so often..in class!


    Tomorrow I'd see him again. Unfortunately, he's my classmate in STS.


    Goodluck!
  • 0 revealed their disguise