What's your favorite disguise? [/meta]

posted by letter shredder @ 11:59 a.m. on 1/20/2006

"Great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex and sex disguised as love..."
                                          -- Lester Bangs, Almost Famous



Sunday, January 23, 2005

posted by letter shredder at 1:02 PM

The next Annaluna

Isang Paraan na lang ang natitira...

Haaay...nilalagnat ako kahapon pero pumunta pa rin ako sa Makati to scan for that Jaime V. Ongpin Awards for Excellence in Journalism... Tapos, nakarating ako sa Eastwood City dahil inaya ako ni Don na manood ng gig ng Sweet Valium High.

After SVH, Chubibo naman ang tumugtog. Pero di na namin sila pinanood kasi pupunta na sa birthday party ni Gov. Mike. Sumunod si Ron sa Eastwood. Summer texted him. After SVH performed, Ron came.

Ron, Summer, Don and I left. I noticed that Ron's arm was on Summer's shoulder. Her right hand was on his waist. Then I thought, "Close pala talaga sila. Nakakatuwa naman."

We hailed a cab, then Don said he'll be at the passenger's seat coz he doesn't want to be the "scorer." Clueless pa rin ako...

At the back, I was between Summer and Ron. I felt like a big barrier. And I wanted to stop the car so ron and I can exchange seats. Apparently, the cab stopped at a gasoline station. Ron suggested we exchange places...

And the horror-drama episode of that night began...

Ron placed his arm on Summer's shoulder and she leaned towards him.

"Haaaay...cute naman nila," I thought.

Then... THEY KISSED!

OMG! I just wanted to step out of the car for a while. I need some air! All of them (I think) are clueless that i have a big crush on Ron! I wanted to spank Don and curse him for letting me sit there!

Third wheel na nga ako, crush ko pa 'yung guy!

Lalo yata akong nilagnat.

It's not that I wanted Ron so badly. Pero crush ko pa rin 'yun eh.

Then they said those sweet nothings, while I sit next to them.

Ang layo naman ng kina Mike.

*sniff*

Gusto ko nang bumaba!


Don and I decided to go home at 1:00 a.m. Summer offered us a ride. She said her parents found out she was there and she didn't know how.

Oooops! Somethin is wrong...

Then while waiting for her parents... Summer was sitting next to Ron and was crying...

Oooops! Somethin is terribly wrong...

Then later, Summer said her parents have been there at the next street for some time already... She cried even more...

Inside the car, awkwardness was with silence. Summer and Don kept on whispering to each other. Then, Summer cried again.

We were never close and we can only consider each other as acquaintances... Somehow I felt I wanted to help her, but I'm not sure how I would and I don't know why she was crying. I'm out of that issue goin' on among her, Ron and (I think) Ron's ex-girlfriend Roma. Her parents drove us home.

When the car turned right and we were almost home, I held Summer's hand and told her everything would be alright...

Earlier, I tried patting her back for a while.

Don placed her hand on Summer's right thigh. We can't really say anything coz her parents were just in front.

When Don and I were at the doorstep, I tried to ask him questions that would somehow give me a sense of what was wrong. He said he's also not sure and he thinks he would prefer not to find out if he had a choice.

Ironic. In one night I found out that Summer is Ron's new girlfriend. The whole time we were at Mike's place I can see them kissing and talking. Later, I went home and was comforting her...

Life...

Wala na ang isang Paraan... May isa pa--Francis.

0 revealed their disguise