What's your favorite disguise? [/meta]

posted by letter shredder @ 11:59 a.m. on 1/20/2006

"Great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex and sex disguised as love..."
                                          -- Lester Bangs, Almost Famous



Monday, February 27, 2006

Who's My Daddy?

posted by letter shredder at 3:12 PM

I exited the metro and chose to go home to my parents in Cavite last Friday due to the political tension that arose last Friday on Ayala Avenue (just about 5 1/2 cartwheels away from the office).


I enjoyed the weekend despite being bothered by what can actually happen to the country, to the business, and to my friends who work in the media. I was able to spend two days with my baby brother. I was able to watch TV and saw my official cosmopolitan beef who is now endorsing a multivitamin.


And last night, I had a short conversation with my mom:


ME: Mom, I just realized that despite the resemblance, Sydney (my sister) and I look differently.

MOM: Each of you (siblings) looks differently.

ME: (*discerning the truth*, without any pause) Who's my father?

MOM: (*plays along*) I don't exactly remember.


I wonder how many times a week my parents think of what they've done wrong in bringing me up.

1 revealed their disguise



1 Masks: Blogger Lady Prism whispered...

eeeebah!...a young pinoy bloggie!...loved reading this!...

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home