What's your favorite disguise? [/meta]

posted by letter shredder @ 11:59 a.m. on 1/20/2006

"Great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex and sex disguised as love..."
                                          -- Lester Bangs, Almost Famous



Wednesday, January 18, 2006

What's Inside Your Closet?

posted by letter shredder at 10:04 AM

what's inside your closet?


Two of my coworkers were transferred to the marketing department. Since their team is still sharing the same office with us, everyone could here them answering calls.


R often answers the calls with, "(Insert company name), good morning/afternoon!" And often when he does, he goofs around (which he usually does to grab attention) by making his voice gay. Even more distorted (like a gay wannabe).


To answer company calls, that is certainly a no, no! Most of us get to notice it and laugh. So R, I think, enjoys the attention he's getting.


Yesterday, he did his (supposedly) wannabe act and my boss noticed it and told him to do his job properly. It was said like a joke but I know my boss was just being polite.


Being beside my boss, I told him...


"R, let your hair down."


Then my coworkers laughed. I forgot I was wearing a headset so I said it louder than I intended. R did not make a comment.


It was a joke. But I also meant it. (I'm good at half-meant jokes and always get away with it. *in my 1-800 voice* If you need coaching, e-mail me.)


I started the training with R. When I first saw him, me belonging to a college where about 90% of men are gay for four not-so-straight years, my gaydar went WANG! WANG! WANG! like an ambulance, even without talking to him yet.


If someone's in his denial stage for a veeeery long time now, how would you call him?


I don't know. But he knows I call him the "gay magnet." (I'm beginning to practice self censorship.)


So, what's inside your closet?


I hope you don't have the cabinet of Dr. Caligari.


*brings in a crying wolf*


sniff sniff


On second thought, "The Closet of Dr. Caligari" may become the first ever queer horror film.

1 revealed their disguise



1 Masks: Blogger Reta whispered...

i like the closet pix =)

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home