What's your favorite disguise? [/meta]

posted by letter shredder @ 11:59 a.m. on 1/20/2006

"Great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex and sex disguised as love..."
                                          -- Lester Bangs, Almost Famous



Thursday, December 29, 2005

Pleasant Vibes

posted by letter shredder at 12:17 PM




Since this year is about to end and another one is about to start, I'm expecting TV programs to be crammed with interviews of psychic and feng shui experts. These forecasters would again tell the whole nation if another People Power Revolution would rise, if the president would be replaced, who among the cabinet members would die, etc.


Of course, that isn't the most expected part. People would go gaga in front of their TV screens to find out who among the people in the entertainment industry would get married, get pregnant, get divorced (not specifically in that order, pregnancy may come first); who would get harrassed, violated and would face a lot of "storms" in life that would make him/her perfect for the upcoming telenovela titled after a song. Thus, his/her carreer would be amazingly great that he/she would be chosen to endorse the president because he/she survived despite the challenges that came his/her way.


If it weren't these topics, for sure, people would anticipate the good luck charms and the proper positioning their toilets, with respect to their refrigerators or ovens, should have. Of course, I'm exaggerating. But I've seen people redesign their homes to this extent. Their "vibes" should be clam and pleasant.


As to my workplace, I think none of my bosses is Chinese or into feng shui so I don't think I'd find my desk in front of the elevator car next year. But then again, Chinabank is just across our building. I would only find these forecastings if the canteen/cafeteria would be on the same floor. Harhar!


Happy New Year, everyone!


=====


Cleng and I might start the year with a bang! LITERALLY.


So we thought we might want our hair cut and have bangs. Mine slanted to the left, hers slanted to the right, or vice versa.


How we should be called?


Bang Gang or Gang Bang?

5 revealed their disguise



5 Masks: Blogger manzkee whispered...

You have an interesting topic today. The only thing I don't get about this "Feng Sue" thing is..., It's from chinese and we're not! So why give them a damn attention. I'm not against your post, I'm agaisnt Feng Sui and I don't believe those freakin feng sui expert. Happy New Year!

10:11 PM   Blogger Rell whispered...

Happy New Years to you!

12:01 AM   Blogger Jaimie whispered...

I've watched those prediction shows, but I need to tape one sometime, and then let a year pass by, and then watch the tape again to see if any of that nonsense was in any way accurate.

I don't have the time or really the desire to do that though.

Happy New Year!

1:04 AM   Blogger Deb S. whispered...

Just wanted to stop by to wish you a Happy New Year! Looking forward to more intriguing posts from you in 2006.

1:46 AM   Blogger Chas Ravndal whispered...

Happy New Year dear!!!!

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home