What's your favorite disguise? [/meta]

posted by letter shredder @ 11:59 a.m. on 1/20/2006

"Great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex and sex disguised as love..."
                                          -- Lester Bangs, Almost Famous



Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Trample My Heart...

posted by letter shredder at 3:05 PM

I was cleaning my Yahoo!Mail folders when I found this poem.


Ice sent it to me when we were in college. Without understanding the poem yet, I immediately sent it to him. We had a habit of sending lines from poems or lyrics either through SMS or e-mail. That was then. Back then.



Because Of Your Feet, Where Your Beauty Ends
(VIII: From El Rayo Que No Cesa)


Because of your feet, where your beauty ends
in ten fragments of whiteness, more a dance,
a dove ascends to your waist,
an unending balm falls to earth.


Along with your feet goes the wonder
of nacre, in a ridiculous narrowness,
and where your feet go whiteness goes,
a dog sowing anklets of jasmine.


At your feet, as much foam as shore,
sand and sea reach me, and ebb from me,
and I try to enter the sheepfold of your sole.


I enter and let myself pass to your soul itself,
with the loving voice of the grapes:
trample my heart, now it's ripe.



How he took the poem, I don't know. But he thanked me for sending it.


Trample my heart, now it's ripe...

1 revealed their disguise



1 Masks: Blogger Manzkee whispered...

If I may add? "We can even reach miles and miles of journey with one step at a time".

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home