What's your favorite disguise? [/meta]

posted by letter shredder @ 11:59 a.m. on 1/20/2006

"Great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex and sex disguised as love..."
                                          -- Lester Bangs, Almost Famous



Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Breathe, It's Still Me

posted by letter shredder at 12:05 PM

I've got my friends alarmed about what happened last week. My best friend found out about it and later, high school friends were also asking how I am.


As how my friends occurred to me, they were extremely worried about two things: that my bag was stolen, and I am ranting about the lost of a make-up kit. Whenever I talk to people and tell them about the latter, they look at me intently as if to ask me, "Jaycee, is that you?"


I'm not so sursprised though, knowing my friends and knowing how I appear to them. I always wore sneakers and oversized shirts before. One time, I wore a floral top and my friends went screaming. Later, I was hearing, "Jaycee, I'm so proud of you." People know I dread times when I have to wait for some of my friends who make the restroom a lounge. And sometimes in silence, I'm shouting, "Leave my eyebrows alone."


Seriously, I never thought I'd be buying make-up myself. But I just did. And yes, I've changed. I've improved. I can't say I'm new and improved (because nothing new is improved and vice versa).


When I say I've changed, it doesn't mean I won't wear oversized shirts and just sneakers anymore *wink wink*. Only now, applying make-up doesn't just mean applying make-up. When I wear lipstick, I'm reminded that I'm in business. Being with people who are considered skin care and make-up consultants, I want to be one myself.


NOTE TO FRIENDS: I know this post may seem too surprising that you can't take it anymore. *wink wink* I know I've told you that I would want to become a band vocalist and go racing, and that the term "make-up" to me was as foreign as Timbuktu is. Now, I still want to sing for a band and race. It's just that, I'd be wearing make-up when I do so and more conscious of UVA and UVB.


At the same time, beware. I told you, it's still me. *grin*


I can still make you laugh and cry. This time, only more beautiful.

4 revealed their disguise



4 Masks: Blogger Manzkee whispered...

There you go. It took me a while to figure out how to leave a comment on your post.

Anyway, make up is not bad for as long as you know the right combination on your face.

My ex used to put blue on her eyes, black on her "fake" eye brows, red on her lips, yellow on her chick and white on her face, now she looks like a clown. That's why we parted!

12:16 AM   Blogger letter shredder whispered...

hahaha! i wonder why you know which is for what part? have you applied them yourself?

other than the right combination, one should know WHAT make-up is good for the face.

anyway, thanks for dropping by.

8:36 AM   Blogger EuroYank - Virginia Hoge whispered...

Thanks for the visit. Love your blogs also. Nice Colors and cool stuff.

Like you I keep adding more blogs; up to 7 listed now. Keep up the great work. Have added you to the blogroll.

10:26 AM   Blogger letter shredder whispered...

well, it isn't actually the lost that caught them and applying make-up, but the fact that it was ME (the Jaycee they know) who is talking about make-up.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home