What's your favorite disguise? [/meta]

posted by letter shredder @ 11:59 a.m. on 1/20/2006

"Great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex and sex disguised as love..."
                                          -- Lester Bangs, Almost Famous



Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I Hope that I Don't Fall in Love With You*

posted by letter shredder at 2:26 PM

*current mood at the moment
as performed by Emiliana Torrini
written by Tom Waits



Be careful what you hope for.


=====


Well, I hope that I don't fall in love with you
'Cause fallin' in love just makes me blue
When the music plays and you display
Your heart for me to see
I had a beer and now I hear
You callin' out for me
And I hope that I don't fall in love with you


Well, the room is crowded, people everywhere
And I wonder, should I offer you a chair?
Well, if you sit down with this old clown,
Take that frown and break it.
Before the evening's gone away,
I think that we could make it.
And I hope that I don't fall in love with you


Well, the night does funny things inside a man
These old tom-cat feelings you don't understand
Well, I turn around to look at you,
You light a cigarette
I wish I had the guts to bum one,
But we've never met.
And I hope that I don't fall in love with you


I can see that you are lonesome just like me,
And it being late, you'd like some company
Well, I turn around to look at you,
And you look back at me
The guy you're with has up and split,
The chair next to you is free
And I hope that you don't fall in love with me


It's closin' time... the music's fadin' out
Last call for drinks, I'll have another stout
Well, I turn around to look at you,
You're nowhere to be found
I search the place for your lost face,
Guess I'll have another round.
And I think that I just fell in love with you

1 revealed their disguise



1 Masks: Blogger Manzkee whispered...

Lovely! Did you compose it by yourslef? Anyway it's wonderful. Have a good day
1

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home