What's your favorite disguise? [/meta]

posted by letter shredder @ 11:59 a.m. on 1/20/2006

"Great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex and sex disguised as love..."
                                          -- Lester Bangs, Almost Famous



Thursday, March 09, 2006

"Angel"

posted by letter shredder at 9:59 AM

I admit I've not been posting lately (and I have no excuse for it), but my practice of fasting has nothing to do with my lost of words nor lost of thoughts.

=====


HE already found out my new number. I received a message earlier and there was no violent reaction whatsoever.


But I am pissed. Why? 'Coz he sent me a "Happy birthday" message...


AND MY BIRTHDAY IS ON THE 13TH!!!


I am obviously upset. We've known each other for years and we've exchanged gifts on our birthdays and he greets me happy birthday five days earlier.


I replied and ask him whose birthday it was, then he asked me not give any alibi (for whatever he has in mind). So I told him it isn't my birthday today and he insists it is.


=====


On other matters worth remembering...


Obi-Wan and I were walking one night and I told him that I wanted to go to Japan. He said I cannot 'coz only HUMANS are issued visas. (We've met when I was 12 and he was 24, been friends eversince so we are comfortable with this kind of conversation.)


And before he could tell me what animal I could be at the moment, I tacitly tried to insist that I am not human but SUPERHUMAN.


So when I said, "Then I'd just fly," he interrupted me with, "You're not human; you're an ANGEL."


For a while, I thought my system failed and needed to reboot. I stopped walking. And he kept on laughing 'cos he knew I am cheesy-line intolerant. He was enjoying the thought that I was caught off-guard because he has complained a lot that I am one smart ass even to his wife and other business partners.


He did not stop there though.


Last night, we met with his business partners. When he was talking to a guy named Angelito, he said he prefers to call the latter Lito. Out of the blue, he added, "Because the angel is there," and pointed towards my direction, making everyone look at me.


Like a little school girl, I flushed and instinctively covered my face with my left hand. I so wanted to defend myself and say something about the "Angel" conversation or at least excuse myself from the meeting but I was lost.


For more horrifying effects, the guy I like is standing behind me.


And I didn't dare look at him.

0 revealed their disguise