What's your favorite disguise? [/meta]

posted by letter shredder @ 11:59 a.m. on 1/20/2006

"Great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex and sex disguised as love..."
                                          -- Lester Bangs, Almost Famous



Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Obscenity

posted by letter shredder at 1:19 PM

Yesterday, I was sitting on my work chair, in front of a computer named KC, editing a file, when my officemate accused me of being obscene! Immediately, I asked him what have I done or what have I not done. In my mind, it was because he was too engrossed in the case he was dealing with that probably had "sexual innuendos."

And the reason why he accused me of being obscene: my earrings! My earrings that were silently fastened to my lobes (which, by the way, are named Lisa and Rebecca --L & R).

Then I got it. The earrings I am wearing are a pair of a nut and a bolt. There's nothing Freudian about them, though. They were not originally paired together and when I saw them (a pair of nuts and a pair of bolts), I just thought they could also go together. I got the idea from a crown-and-bottle-opener pair. And since I could not find those, I found my way to pair some things else.

Before he left my desk, I made it clear to him, "I'm not screwing anyone nor am I being screwed by anyone."


=====

Last night, I heard a few good words from Kuya Pax. He said our dreams are God given. Of course, they were not just stuck in our heads after a sleep or after we suddenly bumped our heads into a clear-glass wall we hardly noticed. Now, you're getting an idea of what I never wished to happen to me in front of everyone else. *grin*

What God gave us are the circumstances to help us create those possibilities for ourselves. Circumstances that made us think about life and how we want to position ourselves in the future.

So it could be true that one's main task is just to get those dreams, he or she wanted, accomplished.


=====

What separates the winners from the losers?

According to Wayne Cordeiro in his book Attitudes that Attract Success: You are Only One Attitude Away from a Great Life, winners find opportunities in problems while losers find problems in opportunities.

0 revealed their disguise