What's your favorite disguise? [/meta]

posted by letter shredder @ 11:59 a.m. on 1/20/2006

"Great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex and sex disguised as love..."
                                          -- Lester Bangs, Almost Famous



Monday, November 21, 2005

Meantime Girl Review

posted by letter shredder at 3:24 PM

I was bloghopping and I came across with this blog by a guy named Mike. FYI: Unlike most of my girl friends, I seem to be the only one who doesn't have a Mike to deal with. (Peace, everyone!) On second thought, who do I really have to deal with? *slaps forehead*


Lately, I've been enjoying reading posts of people from the other side of the world, but definitely not the underworld. These posts make me feel great by realizing that I am not alone in my mishaps and that I share many interests with other people, even of different cultures.


Lately, I realized that I have to work on my social life. I really want to make my life more exciting than this home-office-business/forum-home routine. I want to meet new people, travel and eventually get into a "relationship." Life is so uncertain that I want to begin a relationship but I have a not-so-clean slate to start with.


I HAVE NO PARTICULAR PERSON TO START WITH!!!


Then there was this post. After reading it, I browsed through my archives and found my "Meantime Girl" post (March 2004). Until now, I still don't understand how girls make out with strangers and don't leave a part of them shattered. The more it would be if it were with friends... that you still expect to be friends with.


Experience wise, I cannot talk about this. And I have to work on the thought/fact that sex isn't equivalent to love nor is it associated with it, even here in the Philippines.

1 revealed their disguise



1 Masks: Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson whispered...

I really enjoyed this post. Great introspective and fresh look on the effects of blogging on culture. Plus, I just had fun reading it. :-)

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home