What's your favorite disguise? [/meta]

posted by letter shredder @ 11:59 a.m. on 1/20/2006

"Great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex and sex disguised as love..."
                                          -- Lester Bangs, Almost Famous



Wednesday, October 05, 2005

posted by letter shredder at 8:00 AM

Sooooo High School

He’s here! He’s here!

He’s back from NC!

Neneng just told me Jeffrey is back and would be staying until the 25th.

I was already asleep when Nana woke me up because Sydney isn’t home yet. I checked my phone, which is already under my pillow, and saw six unread messages. Three were from Neneng, two weare from my officemate (the ultra electro magnetic paranoid) Ricca and one is from Alvin who has been texting like crazy earlier, before I hit the sack.

I read the messages Neneng sent me and first saw the business card. It’s a number with the name Jepoi.

Huh?

I read again.

Neneng’s second message says HE’S HERE.

If lacto bacilli is good for digestion, I might need some. Better yet, give me something good for brain absorption.

I’m not the screaming type but I felt numb for a few seconds. Then…

*panic panic panic*

My high school crush is back!

I replied to Neneng and asked her.

She told me they’ve already met.

What? That sounds unfair. He told me I’d be the first to know if he’s comin back.

After a few minutes, I became more logical. But I texted him and said I’ve prepared the t-shirts and the balloons for his arrival at the airport. That’s how I tell him I’d welcome him. Probably why he didn’t let me fetch him from the airport.

I read the text again and Neneng said HE WANTS TO SEE ME!

*panic panic panic*

And then reality bit. Has he seen her? Have they talked? Are they formally breaking up? Or this might just be the start of something else?

During our conversations, I was the one telling him to talk to her and somehow, make everything formal.

She’s one of my best friends in high school, too.

As Jeffrey said, when he told me what happened and why they broke up due to Isabel, which was a hurricane in their relationship (and don’t tax your brain coz it’s really a hurricane that hit NC). Yeah, they broke up using the hurricane as an excuse and every story that came with it.

I’m sure he’s being here isn’t only because of the vacation he wanted. Hope he settles things with her… If they don’t get back with each other, I just hope they still become friends.

I hope they become friends.

0 revealed their disguise